... ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE ...

Monday, May 17, 2010

A day in May

Planted potatoes today and learned a new skill-rototilling, all on my own. Dad will chew me out when he sees, but I had fun and I want to get the seeds in the ground. I'm ripping out flower beds and downsizing some...yes, I did listen and heed my daughters words of advice last summer. It will take time, but I'm getting there. How are all of you? I miss everyone. Dad is quiet..ok, he's usually asleep when I'm home and I'm asleep when he gets home...so we need some noise. Preferably ten little grandkids...I'll take all of them all summer. Seriously!!!!
We have had some nice days and many crap days weather wise. A friend of ours who works with economics has given us some advice...more food storage and rotate it. He says there is no way with the trillions of dollars the government is spending that we will come out of this financial mess easy or early. He said to have food on hand because it's going to get pricey and some of it will get scarce.
Then today, the butcher said the price of chicken is going to zoom up because of the foreign trade policies...another friend who is the gorcery manager at Macey's said to stock up every chance you get...things are going to skyrocket and people are going to have to tighten their belts.
Coming from 3 different people over the past month in 3 different conversations is not just a coincidence. So, I'm begging and advising you to try and get storage of water and things you need just in case. One of the best things we have done is invest in wheat and a grinder and plant fruit trees and berries. I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but this nation has some serious problems and they aren't going to just disappear. We the people are going to have to pay and being prepared can't hurt. Please just think about this, ok. I worry about my family and I couldn't stand to have any of you going hungry. Maybe it won't come to that, but it wouldn't hurt to listen. Not all of these people are church members...so, it's not just a Mormon thing.
We also had some great advice from firefighters and EMT's the other night about earthquake preparedness, learning to use fire extinguishers, changing your first aid supplies often...bandaids do wear out and fall apart, I saw some. They also advised us to know where our shutoff valves for water, fuel etc. are and have a wrench handy to turn them off in emergencies...all women should know these things. They also said basic CPR and first aid were a must for everyone old enough to learn. They told us that five blocks away from us there was a water line that broke last year and the people were without water for 4 hours and begging the city to bring them some. When they were told that the city didn't do that, they stole the water from the crew working on the lines...they were not even ready for a few hours. We were also told to prepare enough to share if needed and to not tell everyone about our storage supplies, because of looters. That was interesting. If any of you want info on how much and what to store and how long it lasts. let me know. I've been trying out a new product called Thrive, it has a 30 year shelf life and it tastes good...it's freeze dried fruit, veggies and meats. I'm working on getting time to be part of a certs group...a person quailifed to respond to emergencies in the area and help where needed. It's a nine week training course with test etc. I feel like I know alot, but can learn more and be ready when help is needed.
Please kids, consider this. How are my bambinos doing? We need to do some skypeing this weekend, we both have ot off. Yeah! Take care, Love mom

2 comments:

  1. Hey ma,
    Thanks for the blog. I agree things are freakin crazy out there! We've been our storage a little at a time. All the info you have I'll take...I've got a lot still you've sent previously. You should get CPR certified. It
    takes about 5 hours but is priceless. I feel so empowered that I know how to save someone else just by this basic skill. Let me know when you guys are available-probably Sunday is best to skype!! Love you...give dad hugs! me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what babe, I've been CPR certified for about 8 years now, also first aid certified and defensive driver training. The classes are worth every minute...I wish dad would take the CPR one, I'd feel better about knowing he could help if I needed it.
    I learn more about storage every week...I thought I knew so much-not. We finally got sun today....yeah. Hug the kids. Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The McCombs Seven...

All Because Two People Fell In Love