... ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE ...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

We survived the packers!

Hey family,

It's been a crazy week here in Colorado Springs. We moved out all our stuff and are sleeping on air mattresses, sitting in camp chairs, and eating on a card table. Phuc says we are living like refugees, but I think it's nice to get back to the basics and not have too much to clean up! I do have to admit we both went through a bit of depression this week as they packed all of our stuff while we just sat there watching it go. It's hard to make an empty house feel comfortable like home, but we are slowly coming around and the kids always bring excitement and noise with them. We've also been having to eat out for every meal except our cereal breakfast, but I finally got the kitchen under control yesterday and I made a roast for lunch today after church. I am looking forward to a less busy week, trying to settle back in-we had to pull everything out for the packers, now I'm wiping everything down for our renters and moving our stuff back in and airing out the house from the smoker movers and cardboard boxes.

Hallie got a Dr. Seuss book on Friday night and I took a few minutes with her, trying to teach her how to sound out words to read. I unleashed a total monster and anytime she sees me, she begs me to read with her, she absolutely loves it and is doing remarkably well for only a few days of reading. Phuc and the boys hide every time they see her coming with her book in tow, because it requires the utmost patience to read with her! The kids were out of school on Weds, Thurs, and Fri and then have tomorrow off as well so we've also been doing lots of appointments trying to get everyone up to date for the move. The week has been full of dental appointments, doctor visits, and parent conferences. I am proud to say the kids are all doing awesome in school which makes me worry less about them adjusting in Belgium.

Anyway, that's our week in a nutshell, not real enjoyable, but I'm so glad it's over. Hope you all are doing good, Love ya, Jess

1 comment:

  1. Yea-Indy has a reading buddy! I understand about the extreme patience part-ahhhh! They are so cute and determined! I'm so glad you got it all over with-hopefully you can find time to relax now that there is much less to clean!Can't wait to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The McCombs Seven...

All Because Two People Fell In Love